Monday, May 4, 2009

Still waiting!!! 4 May 09

I'm still impatiently awaiting the day my very great, awesome, intelligent, amazing Dr. writes my letter of medial necessity for the transplant. Once he gets around to that , it will only take 1-2 days for the transplant nurse to call me and set up my appt. for the evaluation in Pitts. That takes 10-14 days and then they let me know if I am on the transplant list. My Dr is so busy that this could take weeks. In fact it has been 3 weeks so far. I'm not good with waiting and not knowing what is going to happen when! I need a place to stay in Pitts. but I don't know when!!!!! If anyone know anyone with a mother-in-law suite or appt. that we could rent from - oh - 4 months to 18 months, just let me know! It would be nice if it were close to the U. of Pitts Hospital. You know, less than an hour drive!

Oh the times are frustrating. I had no idea how mentally taxing the death of Bob's brother, Don, was going to be on our entire family. I tried to be a comfort and not a burden this past week and then I fell apart today. I literally could not move this morning! Not only that, I know I had to be here for the home health nurse to come draw blood and change the needle in my port. So I just crashed!!

On the night before Don's funeral, We got a call about uncle Dan. He found out he had pancreatic cancer a couple of weeks ago and the Dr was giving him 10-12 hours. So on the day of the funeral we got the call that he had passed away too! Dan was a favorite to Bob too. His funeral is on Friday. This sure pulls at your heart strings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment